Justin's 82G - clownfish harem journal

Hate to see you giving up on the nem tank. Didn't realize this thread was out there, I am trying the same right now in my tank.

Any further thoughts on why the nems didn't make it? Do you think carbon could have helped had it been treated and right?

The crash happened due to the carbon not being treated, it had nothing to do with my tank as it caused my pH to skyrocket. When Blue Life USA did their tests it made their pH go from 8.2 I believe to over 9 within 10 minutes for reference, I ran the Carb FX Resinator for 4 hours before pulling it offline. The anemones dying after the crash were due to internal damage and my 13 clownfish being too rough, they never could recover from the initial stress from the crash and I constantly had them in treatment.

As for the anemone tank, I had to get away from them as it is killing my interest in the hobby with all the maintenance and demand they have. These last few months have been brutal, constantly doing stuff to try to keep my tank in line.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new