Juwel rio 180 t5 fixture led replacement?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexytman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old juwel aquarium (probably Rio line) using fluorescent t5s. I have seen online these arcadia led claiming to t5 fixture compatible. Any chance they'll work? This is for fish only and not par. The heat is too much since it's close to water and I'm in the tropics.
Thanks,
 
The naming convention on these lights always confuses me.
The "direct fit" line you just swap in and I think the retro fits you have to pull the ballast out and direct wire, but I could be completely wrong.
I have had mixed results with led T5 replacements but it's been a few years so I bet they are better now.
They definitely reduce the heat output of the lights. When I was in Texas swapping to led tubes made it so I didn't have to run a chiller on my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new