K1 insump

Buddy77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good I put k1 in a baffle section of my sump or put it in my crash box I have a submerged filter sock some thanks in advance everyone appreciate everyone taking their time to answer my questions

OP
OP
Buddy77

Buddy77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good I put k1 in a baffle section of my sump or put it in my crash box I have a submerged filter sock some thanks in advance everyone appreciate everyone taking their time to answer my questions

Is this the filter media?
I will also have a sponge filter and probably some kind of a cut to fit pad maybe some rock in one section just was not sure how it would work or what I should leave out thank you very much

OP
OP
Buddy77

Buddy77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also have a sponge filter and probably some kind of a cut to fit pad maybe some rock in one section just was not sure how it would work or what I should leave out thank you very much
Not k1 in the same section but I have three or four baffles and run one of each in between the two inch gap of the baffles

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to follow what you are saying. I run my K1 outside of the sump. Depends on your sump design and how wide the baffles are. If the K1 takes up a lot of space in the baffle section it may end up increasing the velocity of the water in that section, along with microbubbles. What's a crash box?

OP
OP
Buddy77

Buddy77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to follow what you are saying. I run my K1 outside of the sump. Depends on your sump design and how wide the baffles are. If the K1 takes up a lot of space in the baffle section it may end up increasing the velocity of the water in that section, along with microbubbles. What's a crash box?
I have a smirged filter sock the water comes in to a section runs out and into the filter shock they call it a crash box I don't know it looked like a good idea makes filter socks a lot easier to change and I have three or four baffles 2 in spacing in between then thought the k1 could go in maybe the first baffle then sponge or some sort of cut to fit filter in the last one

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotcha. Put it in a location where it's easy for you to load and remove without making a mess.

OP
OP
Buddy77

Buddy77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotcha. Put it in a location where it's easy for you to load and remove without making a mess.
Okay thanks should I still put live rock in one baffle section a sponge and some other kind of filter in the other and I believe the easiest would be in that crash box thing

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 93 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back