Kalk ATO mixing time

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I mix Kalkwasser in a 5 gallon bucket before transferring it to my ATO container, how long should I mix the kalk powder before transferring over? Having some issues with low alkalinity but pH and calcium are very high and I’m wondering if it could any issue with mixing for too long or not long enough.

Thank you!

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I mix Kalkwasser in a 5 gallon bucket before transferring it to my ATO container, how long should I mix the kalk powder before transferring over? Having some issues with low alkalinity but pH and calcium are very high and I’m wondering if it could any issue with mixing for too long or not long enough.

Thank you!
If it’s a real mismatch between calcium and alkalinity, I.e. your alk is really too low, I would stop the Kalk and just slowly add bicarbonate of soda, till it gets to where you want, then restart with the Kalk. Doubt it’s got anything to do with Kalk, if your letting it settle out.

OP
OP
mjleffler

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s a real mismatch between calcium and alkalinity, I.e. your alk is really too low, I would stop the Kalk and just slowly add bicarbonate of soda, till it gets to where you want, then restart with the Kalk. Doubt it’s got anything to do with Kalk, if your letting it settle out.
Okay thank you for the advice will definitely get something to adjust for the alk because it’s a decent mismatch (alk 6.5 calcium +500)

Back