Kalk in ATO and BRS 2 part

8251reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2018
Messages
177
Reaction score
117
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alk Rides between 7- 7.6 and calc around 420-430. I have been using kalk in my ATO to maintain calcium and alkalinity levels and my SPS have been growing nicely but I feel like its not as stable as it could be. My 75g evaps about 1 gallon/day. I like the idea of adding 2 part to get my alk up to and maintain 9 but I still have alot of kalk left and I would still like to use kalk for the ph boost. Any harm in doing so? Anyone else do this and if so any lessons learned from it? Other than take it slowly...thanks!
 
Kalkwasser from an ATO I found to be inconsistent as evaporation rates changed with the seasons. I switched to a full 2 Part regimen. I have read of people doing both, but again, there is inconsistency from the Kalkwasser/ATO part. I say go fully to 2 Part and save that Kalkwasser for things like killing Aiptasia and other pests.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new