KALK REACTOR

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so looking to program my kalk reactor to mix every 4 hours then wait 10 minutes for the kalk slurry to settle so i can dose it into my tank through out the night how would i go about it i will be using my apex controller for this

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the kalk stirrer I would do

osc 000:000/005:00/235:00 then on

This will program the stirrer to come on for 5 minutes and off for the remainder of the 4 hours.

Then on the doser program it to

fallback off
if stirrer = on then off
defer 10:00 then on

That should get you going. It could be refined much better i'm sure and you can tinker with the code to do so. The "stirrer" name will need to reflect what you actually have it named.

EDIT: This will work with a drews doser type. You'd have to figure out timing on an actual doser.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K this is my plan I wanna dose 50ml from 9pm to 12noon but want the kalk reactor to mix every 4 hours with a 5 minute break so no slurry gets in the tank not sure if I put that in the post if I didn’t I’m sorry

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Neptune dos was thinking dosing ro water into the reactor from 9pm to 12noon come I’m not using my ato pump or my ato resevoir I was planning in Using a 5 gallon bucket for that

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the DOS but from a quick search, goto tasks and select "DOS Additive Dosing" Select the time frame and how much you want to dose and it should break it up. It'll dose 15 times in that time frame @ 3.33 mL per dose.

Then for the kalk stirrer, input the above OSC statement which will mix the slurry for 5 minutes every 4 hours.

for the DOS, if you can do an advanced statement, put

if Stirrer = on then off
defer 5:00 then on

Personally I'd give the slurry closer to 20 minutes to start settling.

So if the doser goes to dose, it will see the statement and check. If the stirrer is currently running, it will wait five minutes and then start dosing.

I would check out some examples on this site and google. There is a plethora of information.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so is this what i put for the stirrer
osc 000:000/005:00/235:00 then on

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back