I’m not sure if this is a ‘hack’ or not...but this is what I did:I started running an Avast Marine K1 kalk stirrer. I was wondering if anyone has come up with any hacks or mods for these? Not that the K1 needs anything but you know how we are!
Nice work, that's a great idea! I'm thinking of putting a zip tie on the mixer shaft at the bottom to get more agitation and possibly get more kalk into solution if that makes sense.I’m not sure if this is a ‘hack’ or not...but this is what I did:
To raise it to the right height for me built and acrylic base/stand for it...I then ended up integrating the Kamoer X1 Doser into the base.
I used 1/8” tick neoprene rubber in between base and stirrer bottom.
I also made sure the 1/2” tube ran straight into sump without any fittings/connections for the limewater doses to get hung-up on.
That is a very large diameter output tube. It would take a long time to clog.I haven't done it yet, but I want to add a float switch to the lid, that way if the output line clogs, I can shut it down before the water overflows out the top. (ask me how I know this is a problem)