- Joined
- Aug 26, 2019
- Messages
- 240
- Reaction score
- 214
- What state or country do you live in
- Georgia
Looking to try out a Kalk Stirrer.
I currently use Tropic Marine All for Reef for replenishment but thinking of trying to continuously drip Kalk to see if I can boost PH.
My question is is there benefit to going with an oversized Kalk reactor? The K1 says 400 gallons and the K2 says 800 gallons. I have about 165 gallons, so booth seem sufficient. I haven't tested my daily evaporation but I think it's in the 5-6 gallon per day range. The K1 says up to 7 gallons and the k2 say 14 gallons.
Larger or smaller? The price difference is not really a concern if the bigger one will be better.
https://www.avastmarine.com/collections/you-built/products/kalk-stirrer-kit?variant=4582192259
Thanks.
I currently use Tropic Marine All for Reef for replenishment but thinking of trying to continuously drip Kalk to see if I can boost PH.
My question is is there benefit to going with an oversized Kalk reactor? The K1 says 400 gallons and the K2 says 800 gallons. I have about 165 gallons, so booth seem sufficient. I haven't tested my daily evaporation but I think it's in the 5-6 gallon per day range. The K1 says up to 7 gallons and the k2 say 14 gallons.
Larger or smaller? The price difference is not really a concern if the bigger one will be better.
https://www.avastmarine.com/collections/you-built/products/kalk-stirrer-kit?variant=4582192259
Thanks.
