Kalkwasser + All For Reef + trace elements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dan Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I’m thinking in using kalkwasser to boost pH in combination with All for Reef.

Knowing that kalkwasser only adds alk and calcium, can I customize All for Reef to compensate other important elements?

Meaning increasing the amount of magnesium and K+/ A- added to carbo calcium.
Thanks

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use kalkwasser to boost pH when using All-For-Reef. Kalkwasser is much better in boosting pH than in supplying calcium and alkalinity in which All-For-Reef ist much better. :)

If you want to add K+ and A- Elements for the kalkwasser added you just have to know that 100 ml of each K+ and A- Elements is added per mol of calcium. 1 mol of calcium is 74 gram of calcium hydroxide powder or 43.5 l/11.5 US-gallon of saturated kalkwasser.

Please don't add K+ and A- Elements to the kalkwasser directly but to the tank directly or to the All-For-Reef for automated dosing.

OP
OP
Dan Reef

Dan Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Hans,

Can I add more K+/ A- to the All for Reef solution? Or do I need to dose separately?

What about the magnesium?

Thanks!

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Daniel,

I have not tested it yet but adding more K+ and A- Elements to the All-For-Reef solution should work. I am not sure about Bio-Magnesium but All-For-Reef is quite well supplied with magnesium. I am not sure whether it is necessary to add more magnesium at all. Maybe it is easier to wait for sinking magnesium concentrations first.

I see no drawback using the combination of kalkwasser and All-For-Reef, except maybe the normal "drawbacks" of kalkwasser.

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Daniel,

I have not tested it yet but adding more K+ and A- Elements to the All-For-Reef solution should work. I am not sure about Bio-Magnesium but All-For-Reef is quite well supplied with magnesium. I am not sure whether it is necessary to add more magnesium at all. Maybe it is easier to wait for sinking magnesium concentrations first.

I see no drawback using the combination of kalkwasser and All-For-Reef, except maybe the normal "drawbacks" of kalkwasser.

I was supposed to test that for you in my 100L tank. But my tank got ruined by Hurricane Ida in Louisiana 5 months ago. I was proposing adding more A- for what I observed, iodine was rapidly depleting. I was sending in ICP tests to establish a baseline.

Just restarted my tank. Upgraded to a 200 liter cube. I took my recipe I mixed up 5 month old “custom A4R recipe”, cut the concentration in half with 1000 mL of water and 143 grams of TM carbo-calcium.

DIY recipe still works perfectly — 20 mL brings up dKH by 0.6. it will be a while until I can get back to my 30 mL/100L A4R consumption.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I’m thinking in using kalkwasser to boost pH in combination with All for Reef.

Knowing that kalkwasser only adds alk and calcium, can I customize All for Reef to compensate other important elements?

Meaning increasing the amount of magnesium and K+/ A- added to carbo calcium.
Thanks
Just add a skimbreez, it works without adding nothing to the tank

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back