OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the wake up, going to order a brs single doser and timer , once i get my head around this i can go the apex & dos wrought later
And yes i have been reading that guys article on alchemy but qwickly hit the saturation point, then it just becomes
Precipitation, will get there tkx
Just an FYI...
The Apex DOS pump is a very accurate and dependable unit.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI...
The Apex DOS pump is a very accurate and dependable unit.
After shopping and a few videos for single point doser, timer or AIO unit, I also ran across another thread of Mdbannister installing his Apex unit, I decided to pull the trigger on a DOS Head/canister and push push ahead with the apex install. Not sure yet about kalk or 2p , the more I read and hear about Kalk the more variables come into play.

The apex video mentioned using the DOS for an auto water change, to replenish minerals.
Just wondering how much water changed daily would be needed to maintain acceptable levels without dosing, but then the salt water would lose potency, back in the trick bag?

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After shopping and a few videos for single point doser, timer or AIO unit, I also ran across another thread of Mdbannister installing his Apex unit, I decided to pull the trigger on a DOS Head/canister and push push ahead with the apex install. Not sure yet about kalk or 2p , the more I read and hear about Kalk the more variables come into play.

The apex video mentioned using the DOS for an auto water change, to replenish minerals.
Just wondering how much water changed daily would be needed to maintain acceptable levels without dosing, but then the salt water would lose potency, back in the trick bag?

You likely won't keep everything in check with water changes (I didn't). But 1% daily is a reasonable plan.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 101 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back