Kalkwasser

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just curious about this stuff, I have never used it as before I never had many corals just a few here and there in my 250 I was more into fish then corals but now I have a nano cube and have been getting more into corals and I keep seeing that this kalkwasser is like crack to the corals that using this stuff will help them take off and grow better, but they use thus stuff in bigger tanks I haven't really seen anything about dosing kalkwasser into nano cubes so if I do want to start dosing how would I go about it for my 14g tank I have mixed reef sps lps and some softies and a if right now they are good seen some growth but I'm just wondering if they would benefit from dosing kalkwasser? So anyone with some advice on how to go about this I would appreciate it.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just curious about this stuff, I have never used it as before I never had many corals just a few here and there in my 250 I was more into fish then corals but now I have a nano cube and have been getting more into corals and I keep seeing that this kalkwasser is like crack to the corals that using this stuff will help them take off and grow better, but they use thus stuff in bigger tanks I haven't really seen anything about dosing kalkwasser into nano cubes so if I do want to start dosing how would I go about it for my 14g tank I have mixed reef sps lps and some softies and a if right now they are good seen some growth but I'm just wondering if they would benefit from dosing kalkwasser? So anyone with some advice on how to go about this I would appreciate it.
kalkwasser isnt the type of thing that you dose for effects like you would when it comes to coral supplements. its a tool that has a couple uses. one helps maintain calcium and alk. also helps maintain good levels of pH. it isnt something that you dose, like you would with supplements. it is generally done by drip most times. you wouldnt dose it by a capful at once like you would dose other things
before you get into doing something like kalkwasser, make sure you need it first. Also, i recommend watching some brs videos on it, to ensure that you understand its purpose, and how to properly "dose" it. doing it wrong can have horrible effects on a tank

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back