Kamden's Crinoid Diary

Gray Levison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now you have four all together in a 30 gallon... right? Can you post a picture of your whole tank with all the stars shown? Im just curious to see what your whole set up looks like.

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gray Levison, I don't have my DSLR right now but I will explain my system for you, So for the Display Tank, I have 2 large SPS colonies, 2 LPS colonies, and multiple softies/gorgonians/sponges. The back section of the tank sports an InTank LLC filter floss holder on one side. The other side has a sea cucumber that eats detritus, Second section of my AIO has multiple NPS gorgonians/Sponges/Tunicates which I use sorta as a "biofilter" the tunicates/sponges act as a natural protein skimmer.

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday something died and caused an Ammonia Spike overnight, I don't think the Black Feather will make it he suffered the most and has dropped nearly all his arms... Wish me luck :(

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bongo Shrimp He split into multiple pieces, each piece having part of the central disk with it... Surprisingly the pieces can still eat... I will keep you updated I think i'm gonna be the first person to have a feather star reproduce via fission

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an Egg Case came out of my newest Feather Star... Thing is I don't know if these are Crinoid eggs are just eggs the Crinoid couldn't digest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smallest Feather Star went missing, Doubt he died as I haven't had any nutrient spikes or seen any limbs around the tank. I stopped with Tropic Marin foods started with Brightwell Aquatics again.

Stacyod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a beautiful red feather star today at the lfs. I’d like to buy it so I’m researching. My 30g long has 2 clowns, 1 neon dotty back, 1 blood shrimp, 1 skunk shrimp, 1 bubble tip anemometer that lives in a cave under some rocks and never moves, 1 emerald crab a few hermit and assorted snails. The water Parameters are checked daily and very stable. I’m willing to buy blizzard -o and feed several times a day. Do you think I can keep one in my tank?
Got a new feather star today, I am also experimenting with Tropic Marin foods now.

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a beautiful red feather star today at the lfs. I’d like to buy it so I’m researching. My 30g long has 2 clowns, 1 neon dotty back, 1 blood shrimp, 1 skunk shrimp, 1 bubble tip anemometer that lives in a cave under some rocks and never moves, 1 emerald crab a few hermit and assorted snails. The water Parameters are checked daily and very stable. I’m willing to buy blizzard -o and feed several times a day. Do you think I can keep one in my tank?
Red ones are near impossible, I tried one and it didn't eat the normal food my other ones eat... I wouldn't get the red one but try and get them to order a green or black one as those are easier to care for IME

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got another one
409e51652eb169e4176d60345421f209.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back