OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sadly our LFS got another wrongly labeled starfish, this time it was a Double Tile Star for $5.99 labeled as “common starfish” easy steal for me while these don’t live long i just wanted to give it a try as i have biofilms and sponges all over my aquarium
f7bec3a717fd5a0a3db5ceca6607902a.jpg

and at the beach a local aquarist was releasing his fish and inverts into the wild, which honestly wasn’t a good idea cause these fish don’t know how to hunt for themselves but i managed to save a Blue Tuxedo Urchin.
ca0320ab25aa3f62465f070aba7b5264.jpg

i’ve had a weird day today

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i have experienced that the Aquaforest products produce some biofilm on the rock which i have seen my Starfish eat. I will continue with the product to see if the biofilm goes away.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sadly our LFS got another wrongly labeled starfish, this time it was a Double Tile Star for $5.99 labeled as “common starfish” easy steal for me while these don’t live long i just wanted to give it a try as i have biofilms and sponges all over my aquarium
f7bec3a717fd5a0a3db5ceca6607902a.jpg

and at the beach a local aquarist was releasing his fish and inverts into the wild, which honestly wasn’t a good idea cause these fish don’t know how to hunt for themselves but i managed to save a Blue Tuxedo Urchin.
ca0320ab25aa3f62465f070aba7b5264.jpg

i’ve had a weird day today
Wow! Weird day for sure! Good job on picking those up!

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello just a small update i've gotten my nitrates and phosphates stable and now the hair algae and all that is starting to go away, I am also starting Two Little Fishies Marine Snow cause i've read it's good for NPS corals.

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update, I got this new product by Brightwell Aquatics called "Blizzard-O". It's a WONDERFUL crinoid food. Great food for any filter feeder that likes small micron food such as tunicates and sponges.I recommend this product for anyone that has filter feeders.
I can attest to this... great feeding response from my feather star using this and a mix of golden pearls 50 micron and jbl korallfluid.

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
making an online order with a vendor in florida, hoping these simple items come alive and healthy so i can order some of the cooler stuff on their website later :)

_order.png

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0089.JPG

Crinoid, you can see a little growth on the larger arms and smaller arms are coming in :)
DSC_0091.JPG

of course he chose the anemone thats hard to photograph
DSC_0092.JPG

and heres the guy that keeps the san clean, i love my sea cucumber!

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today marks the 6 month mark with keeping my Bluestripe Pipefish and Hectors Goby, both have been kept fat and happy without having to feed them! They have survived off Pods and other Critters. My tips for keeping is to not vacuum your sand as their are micro brittle stars a rotifers deep inside, those rotifers feed my Hectors Goby when he sifts the sand.

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am no longer dosing NO3PO4X i am now doing Aqua forest Pro Bio F as it seems to work better... recently changed my pump from the Jebao to the Aqamai KPS getting great flow.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
today marks the 6 month mark with keeping my Bluestripe Pipefish and Hectors Goby, both have been kept fat and happy without having to feed them! They have survived off Pods and other Critters. My tips for keeping is to not vacuum your sand as their are micro brittle stars a rotifers deep inside, those rotifers feed my Hectors Goby when he sifts the sand.
Awesome! Congrats on the success!

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double Star died yesterday, even in a 1 year old tank it died. however on the good side i did manage to lower nitrates down to zero, some snails are dying of starvation which is making Nitrate rise to 5 again o_O i think i'll keep it at 5 as i have no ill effects to it.

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't posted here in a while! Sadly Mimic Filefish died... I don't know why and when checking his body for parasites I found none? Must've been from old age. On the positive side I bought an amazing replacement for the Mimic Filefish... a Barnacle Blenny!

DSC_0010.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back