Kamoer ATO float valve confusion

NanoSteam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the Kamoer ATO? I installed it yesterday, it was working fine but was woken up at 2am to the alarm. The pump had not stopped filling and triggered the emergency float valve switch (thankfully that worked). I tried unplugging and plugging it back in but no dice. Left it alone, this morning I read the manual again and realized it asks you to place the optical sensor at minimum 4 inches away from the float valve.

I pushed the sensor away as far as I can get it for now and it seems to have worked but I kept it turned off in case something goes crazy while I'm away at work. I'm wondering if this was my issue, they were 2 inches apart, but why would this even be a problem? Is there something in float switches that interfere with optical sensors? This is the first time I'm hearing anything like this.

CJH - Jakarta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the bump...

I moved the float valve to the skimmer section to see what happens and placed the optical sensor away from corner. It made it through the night so far. Fingers crossed it's ok now but I hate the uncertainty.
Mine is overfilling randomly as well and setting the alarm off by triggering the float - did you get to the bottom of why, did your fix work?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH BOY! I just bought the Kamoer 2. Hopefully its an improved model and I dont get woke up in the middle of the night! LOL almost specifically bought one that wouldnt set off alarms because I have terrible insomnia but then that kind of defeats the purpose.
The 2 model uses optical sensors but has a option to add a float switch for additional protection. That how I found this post was google kamoer float switch!

Does anyone know how to just buy a float switch. I cant seem to find one except a stainless steel!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back