Kamoer F1 , X1, & X1 PRO. What are the differences between them? And which one would work best for me?

officetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I am having ALOT of trouble finding out which Kamoer Dosing Pump model I should use.

Basically, I am trying to use this dosing pump as an ATO. The tank is in my office and setting up an ATO for a pico reef tank is entirely redundant (size/space limitations in the tank and outside the tank), plus I am terrified of failures as it could impact the functionality of my department if something were to happen. We rely heavily on our healthcare system software so I will not risk leaving the office one night only to have the ATO fail, flood my desk, and cause an electrical shortage throughout the office -- and possibly the whole building. An ATO system is just not feasible.

I have an overhead metal cubby that I am planning to use to house this dosing pump and connect it to my 1/2 gallon RODI water that I use to manually top it off (also inside the cubby). The Wi-Fi situation is strictly "guest" only, meaning that at a certain point of the day, it will reset causing all the devices to disconnect. Now I'm not sure this pump will even connect to the wifi as there is a security by-pass measure in place (think CAPTCHA), but the wifi is not what I am worried about as there are Bluetooth options - and I don't need to constantly monitor it either as the tank does not harbor delicate corals and animals.

What I am looking for is something reliable, with a relatively easy phone app to use (iPhone), and that can connect via Bluetooth. Which model or brand should I go for? Also, there seems to virtually be no information regarding the F1 dosing pump. All I could find were some product pages. If anyone can provide insight regarding that model pump or even a link to a manual, id greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used a lot of Kamoer pumps but I would not use them as an ATO. Better to get something with actual level sensors. Is there a reason you want to use a dosing pump as an ATO?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back