Kamoer noise... anyone satisfied?

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that I already paid for the FX-STP pump and found it to be extremely noisy, I came here to find several others have problems with this pump as well. According to melev this thing was supposed to be nearly silent. Mine? Nope. Stepper motor noise and tons of frequency whine at all speeds.

So has anyone been able to get this corrected anywhere? Coralvue? Kamoer?

With this much vibration noise and frequency whine I doubt this thing is going to last a month.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to hear more feedback. Everything I've seen is that they are nearly silent, but would love to hear more from more end users...

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm..... I emailed the vendor, they suggested coralvue as well, I sent coralvue and Kamoer an email with the video showing the noises.

We'll see what happens. With as much research as I do I can't explain how I missed the complaints about the pump and the company. I realize the company is in China, but if they ignore the end user that's not a good sign. Let's hope coralvue stands by a product they distribute here in the USA.

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact Coralvue support. After a dozen emails back and forth they'll send you a replacement part to repair your pump yourself. Good customer service those guys.... :rolleyes:

And right on cue, the first suggestion was to "calibrate" it. Already let vendor and coralvue know I want to return this pump. Really seems like quality control is in the garbage with these things. That's a shame, to those who get a good one congratulations. For the rest of us, we're just piling up the duds.

I guess I'll be doing kalk for the mean time until I can get a suitable pump.

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two. One for a Calcium reactor, the other for a kalkwasser reservoir.

If you are talking about the squeaking, that can be fixed by adding some silicone grease and tighten the screws. Super easy fix.

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1645.jpg

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look great! Mine isn't a squeaking problem. Mine is frequency whine from the stepper motor and loud vibration from the motor as it steps. At first I thought it was the power supply but the whine is clearly coming from inside the pump. It also vibrates with each turn of the shaft so when it's running you hear and feel the box vibrate to the speed of the motor along with the electrical whine from the pump. There's a video on youtube I found where theirs did the same thing as mine is doing only mine makes more noise than the one on youtube.

Really wanted to like this pump. For the money it would have been great but I don't have any faith in this one, and from what I've since read the odds are not the best on getting a good one apparently.

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look great! Mine isn't a squeaking problem. Mine is frequency whine from the stepper motor and loud vibration from the motor as it steps. At first I thought it was the power supply but the whine is clearly coming from inside the pump. It also vibrates with each turn of the shaft so when it's running you hear and feel the box vibrate to the speed of the motor along with the electrical whine from the pump. There's a video on youtube I found where theirs did the same thing as mine is doing only mine makes more noise than the one on youtube.

Really wanted to like this pump. For the money it would have been great but I don't have any faith in this one, and from what I've since read the odds are not the best on getting a good one apparently.

Yuck. Maybe I got lucky with mine, but thankfully the two I have are really quiet. I'd contact coralvue. As others have said, if you are insistent and clear, they'll step up and take care of you. I find with coralvue, sending pictures and video helps. I had an issue with a gyre that coralvue basically told me was installation error until I sent a video of the gyre malfunctioning. They sent a replacement motor block the same day.

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to have to go through vendor. Coralvue doesn't do refunds so I have to see what the vendor says. I sent them the video as well and they said that was out of the norm for this pump.

Waiting on them at this point.

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to have to go through vendor. Coralvue doesn't do refunds so I have to see what the vendor says. I sent them the video as well and they said that was out of the norm for this pump.

Waiting on them at this point.

Why a refund? Why not a replacement? It SHOULD be practically silent.

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why a refund? Why not a replacement? It SHOULD be practically silent.

Read enough posts, saw enough videos. From all appearances it seems that quality control is lacking on these pumps. Just from how new they are, and in a short time the negative information seems about the same weight as the positive or close to it. Considering what mine did out of the box, I'd rather not take a chance on another one.

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to mention, this pump stops running at anything below 5ml. When you hit 4 or less is stops dead. Turning it back up beyond 5ml won't restart it either.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and while I can hear it, its not that loud... not enough for me to care anyway. Can you post the video of yours with the noise?

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Board doesn't appear to let me upload it. I can try to find some hosting service I guess.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took mine out of the box and plugged it in to see. I have the same whining noise.

So, I’ll be following, hopefully coralvue will take care of you and you can share the news.

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making a lot more stepper noise than it should as well. Coralvue can't really help because they don't refund purchases made through vendors. The vendor will have to refund. The vendor has this video as well. No way this is normal and if it was I never would have bought it. Sorry to hear yours is the same, helps support the theory of poor QC.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, for sharing the video. It sure did make me check!

I guess I’ll will be looking for a refund as well.

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is yours motor whine from PWM? Do you also have case vibration like there's zero isolation between the stepper motor and case? That's what it feels and sounds like on mine.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back