Kamoer STP peristalic pump question

kris2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I've had this pump for a year... Nowadays at 13 ml / min it's pushing more drops of sw into reactor (seen visually as output going into sump)...
Than at 18 ml / min.

When I increase the ml/min rate I do see the wheel spin faster

What adjustment do I do?
My tank is utilizing more alk and I badly wanna increase effluent output rate...

Should I tighten that spring latch to squeeze the tubing more? Or replace that white short tube?

Pls lmk THX

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I've had this pump for a year... Nowadays at 13 ml / min it's pushing more drops of sw into reactor (seen visually as output going into sump)...
Than at 18 ml / min.

When I increase the ml/min rate I do see the wheel spin faster

What adjustment do I do?
My tank is utilizing more alk and I badly wanna increase effluent output rate...

Should I tighten that spring latch to squeeze the tubing more? Or replace that white short tube?

Pls lmk THX
When was the last time you recalibrated the pump? Just might be that it needs to be re-calibrated.

OP
OP
kris2001

kris2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was the last time you recalibrated the pump? Just might be that it needs to be re-calibrated.
Never calibrated initially even, since my flow rate was unique to me ...ie 10 ml / min need not be 10 ml actually . It was off by like 20%. I left like that since i wasn't gonna compare with anyone's rate.

All that mattered was that the pump flowed slower faster incrementally when I turn..

My Q is .....do I tighten the spring latch thing to squeeze the whole tubing more ? Its a year old...thats probably why the pump isnt flowing more when I increase the rate...and is uneven in the # of drops..not being steady.

The manual never talks about tightening the latch so i bought the PharMed Tubing from BRS !

thx

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back