Kamoer X1 Pro 2 Dosing Pump

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I need help in setting up my Kamoer X1 Pro 2 dosing pumps. I would like to dose Components A B and C at 1 ml per day over a period of time in the day. I looked at the tutorials and tried to find help on YouTube with no luck. If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: I forgot to say it is the WiFi version. It is connected.

Last edited:

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you setup a dosing schedule for each pump?

I searched and couldn't find a video for the X1 Pro 2, but this video on the F4 should help explain how the software works and how to program dosing.

OP
OP
AltitudeAquarium

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you setup a dosing schedule for each pump?

I searched and couldn't find a video for the X1 Pro 2, but this video on the F4 should help explain how the software works and how to program dosing.

Thanks that helped. I'm still not able to get a dosing. I have it feeding from RO water into the graduated cylinder. I went 24 hours and still nothing. I know I am missing something.

OP
OP
AltitudeAquarium

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I'm looking at.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210103-134544.jpg
    Screenshot_20210103-134544.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 103

lostinreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching this to see how you like it. Did you have issues connecting to WIFI. I have been thinking about getting 2 X1's forn2 part dosing

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find the 'quick add' button. I cant remember where it shows up on initial setup though.

Edit- oh I see it on your screenshot.

If you want 'x' volume added evenly throughout the course of the day, then quick add is the easiest method. Set mL per day and set number of doses ie 24, 12, 8, 6 and you are good to go.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As above, using the quick add button is easiest. It will delete all your previous doses and replace it with the new regimen. Then you can look at the drop down list of planned doses, and change or delete them individually, if you want. (Delete by swiping left and tapping Delete.)

For example, here's how mine looks after programming for 2.4 ml divided into 6 daily doses, and then a couple days later, deciding to reduce it to 2.0 ml by omitting the midnight dose.

IMG_7538.jpg

Also, have you done the Flow Calibration? It's in the app settings. Calibrates and also confirms that your pump is working properly.

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching this to see how you like it. Did you have issues connecting to WIFI. I have been thinking about getting 2 X1's forn2 part dosing

Not the OP, but I actually like mine quite a bit. Works as described, and will dispense small amounts accurately. It gives a recommended height of the output of no more than 0.5 meters above the pump, but mine is closer to 1 meter and still works great, with no back-siphoning.

The app in the iPhone app store has terrible reviews, which I only discovered after buying the pump and starting setup. I was thinking 'uh oh, this could be bad', but actually the whole process of setup and connecting to wifi was very smooth and fast for me; better than some other devices I've previously attached to my wifi network.

lostinreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app in the iPhone app store has terrible reviews, which I only discovered after buying the pump and starting setup. I was thinking 'uh oh, this could be bad', but actually the whole process of setup and connecting to wifi was very smooth and fast for me; better than some other devices I've previously attached to my wifi network.

Hopefully, that means they have updated the softwate

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been researching these all day. I started looking at the Kamoer X1 Bluetooth version, then found the X1 Pro2. Looks like the pro fixes a couple of big issues with the Bluetooth pump (mainly that it would lose its schedule if the power went out). I’m very interested in getting 2 of these for 2 part dosing on my 29gal reef. They look very promising.

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been researching these all day. I started looking at the Kamoer X1 Bluetooth version, then found the X1 Pro2. Looks like the pro fixes a couple of big issues with the Bluetooth pump (mainly that it would lose its schedule if the power went out). I’m very interested in getting 2 of these for 2 part dosing on my 29gal reef. They look very promising.

I passed on the Bluetooth model for the same reason. I can confirm that the Pro 2 does hold its programming just fine through power failures (or just from unplugging it.) The accurate small volumes of half a ml or less are also perfect for use with my IM 20 nano.

lostinreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I passed on the Bluetooth model for the same reason. I can confirm that the Pro 2 does hold its programming just fine through power failures (or just from unplugging it.) The accurate small volumes of half a ml or less are also perfect for use with my IM 20 nano.
Awesome, I just Ordered 2 x1 Pros for my Nuvo 25.

Delouise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been trouble shooting the pro 2 all day, connection issues and, now that I’ve got them connected (I bought 2 to pig tail for 2 part) one of them is giving me this pop up.
I send a message to Kamoer but has anyone seen this?

Attachments

• 85F166C7-E727-46AF-90D3-532C3D5B42DB.png
    85F166C7-E727-46AF-90D3-532C3D5B42DB.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 123

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would encourage anyone that's having issues to contact CoralVue support. I know folks aren't around during the weekend so week days are best. Also the best way to get in contact are always either submitting a ticket WWW.coralvue.com/support . or you can email directly [email protected]

Just out of curiosity are all of you using Android devices?

OP
OP
AltitudeAquarium

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would encourage anyone that's having issues to contact CoralVue support. I know folks aren't around during the weekend so week days are best. Also the best way to get in contact are always either submitting a ticket WWW.coralvue.com/support . or you can email directly [email protected]

Just out of curiosity are all of you using Android devices?
Michael, Yes for me. I think I am not setting up my schedule correctly. I need to add 2 other pumps. I will submit a ticket to get coaching.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back