Kamoer X1 Pro 2 - My Experience

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also add that there are a ton of similar reviews out there, so if you're reading this in the future, pay attention to this. Some users seem to like this product, but the ones who hate it don't hate it a little bit, they want to throw it out the window.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this is a user experience thread, I'm sharing that the user experience does not meet my expectations.

I would never buy another one of these pumps. I think the hardware and software should work easily out of the box. This required significant hoop jumping before it was set up properly.

People sure are defensive about this one.

This is a discount pump and like basically everything else, if you buy the discount version, prepare for the lowest quality experience.
I think we come back to this when you show me your smart switch at home is working on 5Ghz........
Revteamoriginals2019 Talk Soon GIF by Originals

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we come back to this when you show me your smart switch at home is working on 5Ghz........
Revteamoriginals2019 Talk Soon GIF by Originals
Is it enough to say that I've never been frustrated by the wifi lightbulbs? Lol honestly 5ghz, 2.4ghz, I care more about functionality. This is hands down the worst connected gear I have had in at least 5 years.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it enough to say that I've never been frustrated by the wifi lightbulbs? Lol honestly 5ghz, 2.4ghz, I care more about functionality. This is hands down the worst connected gear I have had in at least 5 years.
But you don't listen. The chip is the same in both, probably done in the same factory. Instructions are not great with Kaomer but clear enough. Turn off the 5Ghz while connecting to it. you can turn it back after or even better separate the 2 to 2 SSID so you work only once.
Please don't make me go to the mesh network topic I have enough clients don't get it and the home version is even worse i would not touch it with a stick.
I am not better though just on the other end. It is just because I have access to industry grade hardware half of the street can see my network :) I don't have weak signal issues, maybe my neighbors do though :p

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you don't listen. The chip is the same in both, probably done in the same factory. Instructions are not great with Kaomer but clear enough. Turn off the 5Ghz while connecting to it. you can turn it back after or even better separate the 2 to 2 SSID so you work only once.
Please don't make me go to the mesh network topic I have enough clients don't get it and the home version is even worse i would not touch it with a stick.
I am not better though just on the other end. It is just because I have access to industry grade hardware half of the street can see my network :) I don't have weak signal issues, maybe my neighbors do though :p
Dude, it's connected. I'm not using mesh for this, it's on a dedicated 2.4 ghz network with its own name. It always has been. But I do love my residential mesh network!

Maybe if I had an industry grade 2.4ghz network I wouldn't be complaining. Or maybe if Kamoer would just up their game!

Ssmith72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even worse for me, I have them connected, got a new tablet, can't find the app in the play store. The QR link doesn't work either!

Adam_M

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine used to work, now it no longer connects. Worst piece of hardware I've ever purchased. Honestly can't believe their connection is still so terrible. Won't be buying another of their products, even though I really liked their older bluetooth pump.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a network engineer so I deal with this type of thing often.. IOT devices often have issues with band steering enabled. This is when your SSID is the same for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Most IOT devices only use 2.4. The solution to A band steering issue is to make a separate SSID for each band and then manually select the 2.4 band for IOT devices and use the 5G for computers and stuff that support it.

I'm a 25 year IT veteran with smart everything for home automation. I have a dedicated 2.4ghz wifi network just for these things. I run two X1 Pro2 pumps without issue.

Because of my Kamoer experience, I rolled the dice on an AliE Kamoer X5S. After a month on a boat and 4 days in a USPS truck, I had it connected and running within minutes of the unboxing.

I find it kind of hard to blame the pump or the manufacturer if you bought it knowing there could be an issue with your setup.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a 25 year IT veteran with smart everything for home automation. I have a dedicated 2.4ghz wifi network just for these things. I run two X1 Pro2 pumps without issue.

Because of my Kamoer experience, I rolled the dice on an AliE Kamoer X5S. After a month on a boat and 4 days in a USPS truck, I had it connected and running within minutes of the unboxing.

I find it kind of hard to blame the pump or the manufacturer if you bought it knowing there could be an issue with your setup.
Are you saying it’s all about the 5ghz/2.4ghz? If so, To be fair, you could turn that argument around, a lot of people have a 5ghz or at least a duel channel set up, why do these companies expect people to have to log into their route to alter their settings, just to set up their product.
Mine is forever loosing my login details, they need resetting every couple of weeks.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying it’s all about the 5ghz/2.4ghz? If so, To be fair, you could turn that argument around, a lot of people have a 5ghz or at least a duel channel set up, why do these companies expect people to have to log into their route to alter their settings, just to set up their product.
Mine is forever loosing my login details, they need resetting every couple of weeks.

Switch to the email login instead of the cell number. That fixed ALL my login issues.

If something is advertised as working with 2.4ghz ONLY, I would understand if it had issues with multiband, bandwidth shaping devices. That's why I'm still old school and haven't made the switch to mesh networks. Well, that and my VPN routing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back