Kanaplex usage up to 3 doses

Rsaele92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My seahorse is suffering from snout rot and I've been using Kanaplex to heal her. It says up to 3 doses and I hit that 3rd dose yesterday. Can I repeat a 4th, and possibly a 5th dose if need be? Do I need to change the water out if I can do the 4th dose?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have seahorses but with fish, we treat for 7-10 days and do water changes per the label instructions. If no improvement after that time, then a different antibiotics is likely needed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rsaele92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have seahorses but with fish, we treat for 7-10 days and do water changes per the label instructions. If no improvement after that time, then a different antibiotics is likely needed.
Okay, good to know. do u do the doses every other day for 10 days or do the first 3 doses and then just let them sit for 7-10 without doing a water change. (Just trying to do this properly)

Upvote 0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, good to know. do u do the doses every other day for 10 days or do the first 3 doses and then just let them sit for 7-10 without doing a water change. (Just trying to do this properly)

You want to follow instructions for the med but just extend the # of days.

The reason for re-dosing and water changes is because antibiotics break down quickly. It looks like the instructions say every other day so I would continue with that. It is likely not going to remain active for a full 7-10 days without redosing.

On seachems site it says: No special considerations - time your water change to an hour or so before your dose of KanaPlex™ - so it seems you can carry out water changes per normal. Obiously you want to keep the water pristine since you are fighting and infection, more so with a sea horse.

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back