Kansas City reefer looking for fishy friends

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

@Geebs19 is in KC, maybe he knows of some clubs in the area. Or you, @KCSUMPS and him can get together and start swapping frags down the road or start a club up.

Edit-. I'm in Wichita but it's a easy drive, I would be willing to do frag swaps down the road.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly not really much of clubs around here that I have found. I get most of my stuff from Matt at the Reef Rack, haven’t been to petopia I will have to check that out. I don’t really care for many of the other LFS around here. If you are on Facebook make sure to check out the KC saltwater and reef sales and auction group, they have a few guys that sell or trade in that group. I like the stuff that Happy Fish KC posts but haven’t bought from him yet.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A Huge welcome to the most colorful hobby in the world !!

a-warm-welcome.jpg

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Welcome to the family. I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks here to answer all your questions even if you can't find a local club. Delighted to meet you. What a blessing it is to have a parent willing to teach children about aquariums. We're so glad you came to R2R. Just having some coffee here on the west coast of Canada. @Katrina71

IMG_3218.JPG

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning. Welcome to the family. I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks here to answer all your questions even if you can't find a local club. Delighted to meet you. What a blessing it is to have a parent willing to teach children about aquariums. We're so glad you came to R2R. Just having some coffee here on the west coast of Canada. @Katrina71

IMG_3218.JPG
I NEED one!!!

Almondkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaymas: WELCOME to R2R! I am in OP. Send a pm if there is anything I can help with. Have you gone to the Reef Rack yet - Matt is terrific (I second that from KCSUMPS)? They are awesome. Another is Picasso Fish - where I purchased most of my equipment and fish.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

rmoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like this thread is a bit old, but welcome from the Stateline & 135th area of KC! Lots of great stores in the Metro area and it seems that everyone has their preference. If you're out south, The Reef Rack is great although I am a little biased because I have known Matt, the owner, for years before he had the store. Happy fish KC is on facebook and sells out of his basement but is a super nice guy and Petopia also has a nice selection but further up north, and I don't get that way too much. There are other stores in the area but those are my preferences. Check out KC Saltwater & Reef on facebook for daily posts by the KC salt community. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or ever want any zoas :D I've started a nice little collection and am continually fragging off polyps to fund new purchases.

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for chiming in here. Yes I am over in South Overland Park so not too far. Definitely love Matt and the reef rack and Chris up at Petopia. I will look you up for some Zoas was probably late this year as I’m starting a new tank. Thanks again and happy reefing

Geebs19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt mind checking out what Zoas you have. Ive liked the ones that Hapy Fish KC posts but nothing has stolen my attention yet. Currently looking for a really nice rainbow acan frag. Ive been up to Petopia the last few weekends and have yet to leave empty handed, for one thats a long way to go from De Soto only to leave with nothing. I like their 3 for $30 frag tank.

rmoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt mind checking out what Zoas you have. Ive liked the ones that Hapy Fish KC posts but nothing has stolen my attention yet. Currently looking for a really nice rainbow acan frag. Ive been up to Petopia the last few weekends and have yet to leave empty handed, for one thats a long way to go from De Soto only to leave with nothing. I like their 3 for $30 frag tank.

For sure. I’ll send you a pm with my number or send you some photos through here of some pieces I have right now. Whatever is easiest

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had a bunch of awesome scans for months then only have a few $99 ones - I expect Chris will bring in more in the spring - let me know if you head up as I use the k10-435 interchange on the way up ... :)

Geebs19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had a bunch of awesome scans for months then only have a few $99 ones - I expect Chris will bring in more in the spring - let me know if you head up as I use the k10-435 interchange on the way up ... :)
You ever bought/been to wholesale aquariums on 135th and I35? I go in there but always end up leaving. I don’t like how the tanks look and there is usually. Dead fish or 2 floating around.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back