OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve only had since Wednesday, give it time to adjust and don’t change anything. They usually take a week to settle in. It just needs time
Will do I just don’t wanna miss anything that indicates poor health because I can’t see it.
3F2A2854-1240-4A80-A323-7307621560E2.jpeg

OP
OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, it wasn’t out nearly as much today and I still couldn’t really get its mouth. Here it is at night a short video that helps some. Wondering if you guys see it’s mouth and whether or not it’s healthy.
DB470395-2402-47C4-9ED0-05E9D2F73DDB.jpeg
A35BD257-59BE-45B6-A939-F9DFCD60CFCA.jpeg
F24CA0DF-3F68-4121-9DC4-4EB333BAAAB6.jpeg
F56E5767-2956-447A-831B-FD46CEFB57D8.jpeg

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im by no means a nem expert, but all the ones I have had closed up at night and looked like a pineapple. Never during the day. They do take a couple days to settle in, but I would check your parameters.

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Have you tested your tank for nitrate and phosphate? What are your levels at? That should be the first thing you do and provide us with that info

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
If your nem has been hiding like that after a few days in your tank I would be worried. Usually they’ll be out and about finding their sweet spot. If it doesn’t come out during the day when the light is on, that’s a big red flag. I am suspecting poor water conditions to be the cause.

OP
OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mouth looks nicely pinched. You may want to ask the person you got it from the water conditions kept. Along with lighting used. Par level if possible.

Anyhow, is it still moving?
Im by no means a nem expert, but all the ones I have had closed up at night and looked like a pineapple. Never during the day. They do take a couple days to settle in, but I would check your parameters.
If your nem has been hiding like that after a few days in your tank I would be worried. Usually they’ll be out and about finding their sweet spot. If it doesn’t come out during the day when the light is on, that’s a big red flag. I am suspecting poor water conditions to be the cause.
I’ll try and test the nutrients today I haven’t gotten around to it but it will be done today. It hasn’t moved and it seems to have picked a nice spot but it isn’t as open as the previous days. I’ll get a picture of it later as the lights hit their peak now. I’ll get previous parameters as well :)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll try and test the nutrients today I haven’t gotten around to it but it will be done today. It hasn’t moved and it seems to have picked a nice spot but it isn’t as open as the previous days. I’ll get a picture of it later as the lights hit their peak now. I’ll get previous parameters as well :)
I asked about par levels, as my bta hates high par. It has taken me month s to get it to accept 150 par. Gl!

OP
OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked about par levels, as my bta hates high par. It has taken me month s to get it to accept 150 par. Gl!
Haha gotcha I’ll keep that in mind then dang! Ours kinda stuck to that spot and the past couple days has gotten a good bit bigger, but it seemed to have moved a little today closer to the light

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back