Keeping our tanks and is beautiful!

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I would add that one should use fresh carbon and not to dip one's toothbrush in a GAC reactor or a bag that's been sitting in the sump...o_O
 
I'm not saying how to do it, just posting up that you can.

Just doing my R2R community service for today. :D
 
I'm not saying how to do it, just posting up that you can.

Just doing my R2R community service for today. :D
HAHA! It was awesome. I was just joking around anyway. I think if someone did use nasty old carbon... Well....
 
The only evidence I've seen is that you'll have a really clean sink........because this black carbon gets over everything, and is a pain to clean up.

02901640-6970-0133-eccc-0aa00699013d.jpg
 
Oh dear! You tried it?!

LOL!!! No way....I wouldn't even try this on a triple dog dare. :eek:

Note, it you do want to try this, first, have someone take photos....and post here :D, and second, you can't use the large granular carbon you have unless you pulverize it to dust. (You can also purchase this pulverized carbon at a health food store....in pill form...where you dump out the capsule.)
 
I've been doing this for a long time now. First heard it from Dave asprey. It is definitely messy, but is amazing lol
 
I've been doing this for a long time now. First heard it from Dave asprey. It is definitely messy, but is amazing lol

Pics or it didn't happen! And I want pics during the cleaning too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new