Keeping qt tank clean

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 2 small clown fish in my 10 gallon qt tank. I feed them very little pellets yesterday and some mysis shrimp today. They ate some but a lot is on the bottom. I tried to net as much as I could after a few minuets of them not eating.

How do you keep the tank clean other than having to do water changes every 2-3 days?

I am not feeding a lot just a few pellets here and there

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 2 small clown fish in my 10 gallon qt tank. I feed them very little pellets yesterday and some mysis shrimp today. They ate some but a lot is on the bottom. I tried to net as much as I could after a few minuets of them not eating.

How do you keep the tank clean other than having to do water changes every 2-3 days?

I am not feeding a lot just a few pellets here and there
Use some airline tubing to suck it out. You can be precise and remove a small amount of water this way, just keep a gallon or so of saltwater handy and that should last several days to replace what your remove. I usually can do it with 20-30oz of water.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use some airline tubing to suck it out. You can be precise and remove a small amount of water this way, just keep a gallon or so of saltwater handy and that should last several days to replace what your remove. I usually can do it with 20-30oz of water.
Will try it thanks for the suggestion.

kashman100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also add more flow or change your flow to keep the pellets suspended so they can be eaten. I just use a small koralia

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also add more flow or change your flow to keep the pellets suspended so they can be eaten. I just use a small koralia
I have a hob with an air stone. Might change the air stone and add a small jebao pump.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back