Keeping SPS help!!!

It’s weird but after you use ro/di for so long my tank actually lets me know when the filters need changed. I know if I see any sign of cyano then I need to change my filters.
 
What do you have for lighting and what have you tried to keep? I started with stylophora first before moving to Acros. This was also a tip from my LFS that if I could keep my stylos thriving then I could move to harder SPS.
Stylo and digi thrive good in my tank. The acro are the ones that would not grow, it will encrust but takes very slow to see any growth.
 
My local water is only 50 or so TDS and I'd still be terrified of keeping SPS in it. Heck, I have the best equipment possible and I'm still struggling with these stupid sticks. :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new