OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So have a question for you on the motor brackets. I want to mount the brackets using the side holes not the back holes to the sides of the canopy. The one on the motor side isn’t an issue because it has the square seat to put the square tenon into and the lock it down with the cotter pin. Plenty of clearance. The other side has a star like cutout that the square tenon for the wheel to go into. The issue is since I’m using the side bracket, the tenon can’t go all the way through enough to slip the cotter pin through. The wood blocks it from going all the way through. If this makes sense, how did you handle this? Thanks.
Sorry I never saw this, how did your lift come out?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy made it through quarantine, he’s doing great in the display and ate all my aiptasia.
41A9F2DF-15B2-4892-ADC5-1E17A74E7395.jpeg

I have a male and female blue throat, a couple genicanthus angels, a filefish, and some chalk bass in quarantine now.

He’s a nice 5” guy...
66FF177C-3B5A-4BE2-93AE-D2D08D2F4E60.jpeg
Gotta give me your QT tricks as it seems after some initial setbacks, you’ve mastered the QT process. Btw, beautiful fish. Love these guys.

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost the copperband. Exactly like the orange shoulder. I have a thread here. FW dip turned up nothing, and he has zero spots or dust. No clue! I really want to save the remaining sailfin tang!

I bought an AquaForest alkalinity test (all they had) and it read 7.8dKH. That’s what I was expecting the Hanna to read. So now I either have a bad batch of reagent or Im an idiot and did the Hanna test wrong twice in a row. ;Sour
I gave up on Hanna. Lots of problems. I'm faster with a salifert anyway

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad to see he made it through. Do you have other tangs? What’s the plan for intro to minimize aggression?
Mirrors, moving rocks around, maybe 3D printed tang decoys.

I have 5 other tangs… orange shoulder, sailfin, blue, white tail bristle, and naso. I’m mostly worried about the sailfin. The orange shoulder is super mild (3 years old and still yellow) so I hope he doesn’t get whipped on too bad for being an acanthurus. They really don’t fight much, but I do see an occasional stab wound.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mirrors, moving rocks around, maybe 3D printed tang decoys.

I have 5 other tangs… orange shoulder, sailfin, blue, white tail bristle, and naso. I’m mostly worried about the sailfin. The orange shoulder is super mild (3 years old and still yellow) so I hope he doesn’t get whipped on too bad for being an acanthurus. They really don’t fight much, but I do see an occasional stab wound.
Yeah, I hear you on the Sailfin. I had a Desjardin for a number of years. Grew from like 2” to 7”. Beautiful fish but became a real bully with tangs she spent the whole time with. Not even new ones. Had to sell her. GL!

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First round of prazi today. I’m super nervous about it. Added tons of air and flow pointed up. Couple hours in and he’s still just eating his nori like nothings changed, so that’s good.

IMG_4851.png

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a used Mastertronic recently and have been having trouble getting accurate results. I have to say, I am highly impressed with their support so far. They answer quickly and are pretty helpful. Definitely 1000x better support than I got from GHL.

So far the only problems with Focustronic products is finding parts and supplies, and various UI problems with their app. Product info is a bit scattered also and you have to dig around multiple places for answers. I feel like they are a "B-" company that could very easily jump to "A+" if they did some product research from the customer's point of view.

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Achilles survived 24 hours of praziquantel. Now I can run carbon to remove it. He gets another dose on the 8th day.

I did notice him scratch on the sand once yesterday, so I wonder if he had some very minor flukes. I saw him scratch a few times before during copper, but sometimes that’s because of the copper.

IMG_4871.png

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles survived 24 hours of praziquantel. Now I can run carbon to remove it. He gets another dose on the 8th day.

I did notice him scratch on the sand once yesterday, so I wonder if he had some very minor flukes. I saw him scratch a few times before during copper, but sometimes that’s because of the copper.

IMG_4871.png
I just leave it in for 7 days and let is naturally dissipate, then do the WC before adding in the next dose. I think it was Hikari that said after 3 days it's no longer in the water.

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just leave it in for 7 days and let is naturally dissipate, then do the WC before adding in the next dose. I think it was Hikari that said after 3 days it's no longer in the water.
Yeah 3 days is what I've read too. It's killed everything it will kill within 12-24 hours though. I'm removing it just to get the solubilizer out of the water because that's what can cause bacterial blooms. I'm being super paranoid with this $$$ guy.

The fluke life cycle is temperature-dependent, so the second dose is in 8 days (the tank is 77F).

I follow all the QT guides at humblefish because I find it much better organized, consistent, and easy to follow than the info on R2R.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back