Kenya tree coral frag underpriced?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nicks0912
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I couldn't give that stuff away when I purged my tank of it. Same with GSP, sinularia, toadstools, leather and cabbage corals. It's definitely not underpriced and I'm not saying you won't eventually find a buyer for it at that price, but that you will be able to grow it much faster than you can sell it. Which means it is probably overpriced. If you are in Orange County CA then you probably are never going to sell it. I live in a small market and had trouble getting rid of it. Your best bet is to give it away at reef meets to noobs. Can't hurt to build a little good will (at least until it starts overcrowding their tanks 3 months down the road and they want to get rid of it as well). Plus, $5 +/-, who cares. It's not really worth the hassle/risk to deal with CL people over.
 
If you are selling them to an LFS you have to ask them if they are underpriced by raising the price. A forum isn't going to tell you how much your LFS will pay for your frags. My personal experience is trying to sell/give it away in my area to fellow hobbyists. GLWS :)
 
Last edited:
I was selling corals and offering a free frag of Kenya tree and people were turning it down. But they'll buy it for $40 of LiveAqua CRAZY:kev:
 
$5 is about right, those things grow like weeds once they get established.
 
I paid $4.98 for mine....and in 3 months it has gone from 2 1/2 inches to over 6 inches
 
craigslist... I get 15 bucks for 1, and 20 for 2... all day long... freshly dropped babies I might add... 3/4" in size
 
I can't give that stuff away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new