Kenya Tree Dropping Branches?

Zakary2003

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2023
Messages
602
Reaction score
288
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a green kenya tree coral that recently dropped about half its branches creating 3 babies. The babies are doing good and have attached to frag plugs, but I've never had any other kenya tree drop so many branches at one time. Is this cause for concern?
 
I have a green kenya tree coral that recently dropped about half its branches creating 3 babies. The babies are doing good and have attached to frag plugs, but I've never had any other kenya tree drop so many branches at one time. Is this cause for concern?
This is very normal and how they propagate. They can quickly take over a tank.
 
This is very normal and how they propagate. They can quickly take over a tank.
I know they grow quickly, but on my pink varieties they'll drop one branch at a time every few weeks. This guy dropped half its branches in one go
 
I know they grow quickly, but on my pink varieties they'll drop one branch at a time every few weeks. This guy dropped half its branches in one go
Mine was dropping many until I couldnt stand even one in my tank. See top of pic and entire area full of Kenyii

660g 3.30b.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new