Kenya tree - Should I glue to a larger base?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScoobyJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScoobyJ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2019
Messages
158
Reaction score
161
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I acquired two Kenya Trees (I know, I know). The frags came on two nickel size rocks and I plan to plant them into the sand substrate in the back and use them for background.

Question is, should I glue them onto something larger or will planting them into the substrate sand be good enough to stabilize them as they grow.

Thoughts?

And thanks everyone.
 
They're likely to do just fine on the small plug, in the sand. They're also quite likely to attach to the glass, under the sand, the back of the tank, any rocks they can reach... even clumps of sand itself.

I'ts been my experience that if this stuff likes your tank conditions, it's gonna grow. Fast.

Even been known to frag itself, expelling an arm to let it blow around until it reaches a suitable location to grow another colony.
 
i Have to go “weeding” every 6 months or so. Try to pluck the babies as they fall. Cutting them won’t do much, they will just grow back.

I do love them though. I think there pretty. My wife calls them Christmas trees. Even though I have corrected her 1000 times.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new