Kenya tree

Tiffalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help me! I just bought my first reef and it's a small Kenya Tree. My LPS told me this was the best for a beginner. It's been in the bag for a few hours and now floating in my aquarium for the past 45 min. My Chocolate Chip Stafish was supposed to be returned to the store tonight but by the time I got home it was too late to take it back tonight. I will have to wait until the morning to take it back now but I'm afraid to let my small Kenya Tree out of the bag while the Starfish is still in my tank. What do I do? Please help.

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a sump put him there or a plastic bowl and pop a bunch of holes in it for water movement. Remember corals are sometimes in bags for a couple of days during shipping.

OP
OP
T

Tiffalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have a Sump but I have plastic bowls but how exactly would I go about attaching it to the tank? My Starfish is already trying to get on the bag. I can't believe how fast the Starfish has moved since it has been in there.

OP
OP
T

Tiffalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kenya tree grows fast and spreads put it on its own rock and sperate from the rest of rocks
That's what worries me. I was not that impressed with how they reproduce so fast and could take over the whole tank. I will be honest cause to me it is not a pretty coral/tree or whatever you call it lol. Sorry I'm very new to this. It is purched on a rock that has a lot of green on it when I purchased it so I just sat it on top of my Figi Branch that I bought the night before. Anyways I would like to get something more eye popping but at the same time I don't want to spend a lot of money considering this is my first. I have had my 50 gallon bow front for 3 months and in it are one Blue Hippo Tang, one clown that is very small and looks exactly like nemo, 1 bicolor angel, and a few damsels that have been in it from the start.

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170429_182718.jpg

I put mine in the sand

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back