Kessil 360x failing.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a Kessil 360x 22 months old failing. It will change colors on its own. Like flashes of different colors. I tried reprograming it. It’s still doing it. Has anyone else experienced this? It says one year warranty on Kessils website. Ridiculous for it to be failing already.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kessil 360x 22 months old failing. It will change colors on its own. Like flashes of different colors. I tried reprograming it. It’s still doing it. Has anyone else experienced this? It says one year warranty on Kessils website. Ridiculous for it to be failing already.
I would contact them. I’m pretty sure they have 2 year warranty. But either way I have seen them take care of people out of warranty.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would contact them. I’m pretty sure they have 2 year warranty. But either way I have seen them take care of people out of warranty.
Definitely worth a try I guess. Thanks for the push. I figured I was out of warranty and out of luck.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely worth a try I guess. Thanks for the push. I figured I was out of warranty and out of luck.
You might be. But they may also have some trouble shooting steps that could fix issue. Are you using WiFi dongle, k-link, or controller? The issue could be there not the light

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil has a 2 year warranty if you registered it. I wouldn't hesitate to contact them for help to say the least.
Are you using it on apex by any chance?

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You might be. But they may also have some trouble shooting steps that could fix issue. Are you using WiFi dongle, k-link, or controller? The issue could be there not the light
I’m using the WiFi dongle and app on my phone. I did reset and reprogram the light. It still did it after. I’ll email them today. I have my receipt from BRS for the light and dongle.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Kessil has a 2 year warranty if you registered it. I wouldn't hesitate to contact them for help to say the least.
Are you using it on apex by any chance?
I don’t believe I did but i have my receipt for it. I have a apex but I use the Kessil app and dongle to control it.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the led world!

This is why I love the led vs T5 argument of not having to change out bulbs, no you don’t, you just hve to change out fixtures!

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the WiFi dongle and app on my phone. I did reset and reprogram the light. It still did it after. I’ll email them today. I have my receipt from BRS for the light and dongle.
My bet is the dongle is causing the problems. Good luck, let us know what happens please.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ll have to I guess. I didn’t… I took it off the tank after 3-4 days of malfunctioning. To much money in coral at risk.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there -

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues! There's a few things that could be going on here. Can you do some basic troubleshooting and let us know the outcomes?

Do the following and then email us - [email protected], and we'll be able to help more from there.

- Power cycle the light and WiFi dongle

- Use rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab to clean out the ports (make sure the power is off while doing this)

- Blow the light out with compressed air from a variety of angles to make sure there's no dust or hair interering with the components

Email us with the serial number (starts with L4) of both the WiFi dongle and the light, as well as what the results of your troubleshooting were, and we'll be able to either provide more in depth details or a warranty claim.

Best regards,
Kessil Team

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back