Kessil 360X

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey does anyone know how to open these lights to clean the fan ? I was trying YouTube but it only showed older models or just the outside cleaning. I only got this far .....

D202397F-8894-43BA-92FE-7852CA83751E.jpeg

novanosis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, this reminds me that I'm getting close to the year mark. What tools did you find yourself needing?

OP
OP
Isabel’s Hobby

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 different once do not know the exact names I attach a picture ;) I figured out that the little philips screw after they came out I used a Alan one for the silver bigger screws that’s how I got to picture 2 I also used a star looking one for the 2 bottom screws
But I did not want to mess with the propeller so I used a tiny make up brush for the places I could still not reach and A blow dryer to blow out the rest lol it worked but it seems to be a bit of a pain to truly clean it .... hmmmm

image.jpg

OP
OP
Isabel’s Hobby

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get some for sure. But don’t you still need to take it apart a bit ? Or just spray that in and that’s it ? I never used that before actually never heard of it until YouTube today and now you. Thank you

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 Kessil 360we's (not X's) and once a month I take canned air and blast then through sides and top. You can see the accumulated dust and dirt build up coming out on all sides. Been doing this for 5+ years - zero issues with lights.

OP
OP
Isabel’s Hobby

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some from amazon. Any brand you recommend? I have 4 360x for about a year now ... love them no issues. Just my controller told me one was overheating it’s fixed for now but I will for sure use spray sounds amazing. Thank you so much for the info I truly appreciate that.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some from amazon. Any brand you recommend? I have 4 360x for about a year now ... love them no issues. Just my controller told me one was overheating it’s fixed for now but I will for sure use spray sounds amazing. Thank you so much for the info I truly appreciate that.

I usually get canned air also from Amazon. They usually have a 2 for 1 deal and I go for that. Yea I love my Kessils also, they're amazing lights.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back