Kessil A160WE strong enough for a Bubble tip anemone?

DAniel559

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 40 breeder with 2 viparspectra lights and have the opportunity to buy 2 Kessel A160WE lights to replace my current lights. Will these lights be strong enough for a bubble tip? my current tank is a softie tank, so I'm not worried about my corals mainly my bubble tip anemone. Thanks!

thereefhotspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 40 breeder with 2 viparspectra lights and have the opportunity to buy 2 Kessel A160WE lights to replace my current lights. Will these lights be strong enough for a bubble tip? my current tank is a softie tank, so I'm not worried about my corals mainly my bubble tip anemone. Thanks!
The A160WE should be enough for those anemones. They are honestly pretty strong lights. One tip I have is to use reef nutrition products in your tank at the recommended dosage as well as supplementing iodine to your reef whether through lugol's solution or through a trace element dose.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll get about 100 par with two 160s about 14-16 inches above the bottom of the tank and closer to 400 around 6-8 inches from the light. The viparspectre will have much more par. My thought is about 150 or 200 par would be enough but i haven't kept an anemone for a little while and can't remember... there should be par recommendations if you search it out.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back