Kessil A360w on a 60g Cube 24*24*24 ??????

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm not a fan of my Hydra 32HD. How well do you all think the kessil will do over my tank. I am not buying a new light. This is an even trade I was offered.

Good idea or bad idea? Tank is SPS dominant

babycover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did you go with mounting 2 Kessil over the 24 cube? I in the middle of changing light and like the Kessil shimmer plus 2 Kessil = 1 Radion. tank is SPS dominant so 2 led would eliminate more shadow, however, don't know how far apart can you mount them on a 24 cube

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did you go with mounting 2 Kessil over the 24 cube? I in the middle of changing light and like the Kessil shimmer plus 2 Kessil = 1 Radion. tank is SPS dominant so 2 led would eliminate more shadow, however, don't know how far apart can you mount them on a 24 cube
I can't speak for OP but I'll be setting up a 30" cube soon. After some discussion with my LFS expert and viewing several different lights in person, I went with a single A360x supplemented with 4 24" T5's. This should give me enough par for a good mixed reef and very limited shadowing while still maintaining the kessil shimmer. Plus there are many accounts of kessil + T5's being the ultimate combo for coral growth.

babycover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the hybrid system is not very popular here in AUS so almost no one stock them or they are super pricy. Almost same as radion g5 xr30 ($1000 AUD)

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the hybrid system is not very popular here in AUS so almost no one stock them or they are super pricy. Almost same as radion g5 xr30 ($1000 AUD)
That's surprising. I'm pieceing together my own T5 hybrid fixture and I'm in it for about $150usd. Maybe see if you can't piece one together for cheaper?

If you want to go the 2 A360x route, I'm thinking spacing should be 12 Inches apart, or 6 inches each way from center. If that's too far apart you could try 10" and 8" apart and see what works best. Playing with it wont hurt. Even trying to space them further apart and tilting them towards the center a bit could work.

babycover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye, I will have to try and see if i can do something about it. Most people do here is order some LED well known brand ( Radion, Hydra, Kessil), even T5 bulb will cost around 50AUD( 32USD) per bulb

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 69 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back