Kessil A360X Color Mismatch

jaybe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble figuring out what steps I should take to ensure that both of my Kessil A360X fixtures have the same light profile. Both fixtures are showing up in the Kessil Wifi app and they both respond when I adjust the profile or roll through the various times of day. However, as you can see in the picture, the left fixture is seemingly lacking color in the blue spectrum. Both fixtures are Tuna Blue. Only during the very early morning or late at night can I visually see a difference, but I suspect there may be other issues here that I'd need a spectrum analyzer to verify.

Steps I've taken:
  • Unplugged the wifi dongle and power form both fixtures.
  • Completely reset the WIFI dongle from the app
  • Tried both a custom profile (from BRS) and the stock tuna blue profile
  • Adjusted the intensity and color knobs manually (no effect when the dongle is in place)
Any Ideas?

kessil light issue.jpg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I had this exact same problem. Kessil sent me a replacement and I picked the two lights that matched the closest. In my case, they aren't my sole form of light so I was not concerned about them being deficient in spectrum.

OP
OP
jaybe

jaybe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, thanks. I was hoping this was something I was doing incorrectly, but I've just opened a support ticket with them just in case.

Mr.Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I had this exact same problem. Kessil sent me a replacement and I picked the two lights that matched the closest. In my case, they aren't my sole form of light so I was not concerned about them being deficient in spectrum.
Did you end up identifying anything clearly “wrong” with the one you sent back? I imagine this issue would be very hard to notice unless you’re running two of the lights next to each other.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not …. and Kessil never told me anything. Just did the swap. You're exactly right ... only notice if you have more than one light.

U

User1

View Badges
Did you end up identifying anything clearly “wrong” with the one you sent back? I imagine this issue would be very hard to notice unless you’re running two of the lights next to each other.

If you have them linked and set to work together it would be noticeable. If you are using the on-board dials then no.

Side note - Kessil support is rock solid. Had a issue last week with one of mine flickering on and off. Sent an email, got a reply, asked a few questions, I answered, had a new light the next day even though I said it was a non emergency. They are not my primary light as I just wanted to test them out. I like them a lot and their support was crazy good especially in this current world situation.

Twitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue with one of my A360WEs I ended up just returning one, and getting another that matched. thankfully mine was 1 out of 3 so it was easy to pick the odd ball out.

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one out of my 3 that is a slightly different colour when the lights are on really low. It’s not noticeable in the tank like yours, but you can see it’s a lighter blue when you’re sitting and looking at the future itself. I’ve never bothered trying to deal with it since the effect isn’t noticeable in the tank itself. I just attributed it to different manufacturing runs.

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this issue when I first set up my two Kessil's daisy chained to each other and to the Spectral X Controller. I was trying to save money, so I bought an inexpensive 3.5mm cord on Amazon instead of buying the true Kessil brand one. Lights were mismatched in color for a couple weeks and it bugged the heck out of me. Finally caved and bought the Kessil 3.5mm cords and they are the exact same color profile now. Don't know what it was between the different brand cords that made the difference... but it worked.

jonybravo_bg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it'a problem with the purple channel. I have dte same isuue after a 1,5 year of usin my brand new two a360x. Wrote to Kessil, they never answerd to me eve I wanted to pay for the repair.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back