Kessil A360X Lighting Schedules Thread

Stevesw718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! For my 75 gallon acrylic mixed, I have two a360x, mix of corals sps and more lps on sand bed and middle, and fish…

I’ve been using the preset, could people with a 4 foot 75gallon share their lighting schedule? Thanks

Major717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm a newbie looking for a light schedule for my setup. Also, I might need some help later on with setting up a few other things. I sincerely appreciate any help or suggestions. I appreciate any help you can provide.

My system is a Red Sea 250 G2.

x2 Kessil A360X
x2 Kessil A500X
x1 Kessil WI/FI Dongle
x1 Spectral controller X
x2 MP 40's
x1 Red Sea Reefwave 45
Red Sea ReefMat 500
Red Sea Reefer DC 600 Skimmer
Neptune Apex controller
Neptune Apex Dos
x3 Neptune Leak detection
Neptune Trident
Neptune AFS
Neptune PAR monitoring
Neptune LSM
EcoTech Marine Vectra L2
Nero 3 for sump
BRS 7 stage (250) RO/DI

I have 2 Kessil A360X and 2 Kessil A500X lights for a total of 4 lights. I currently set up 2 of the A500Xs on the outside mounted on the A- -series mounting arm with a single A360X in the center. I am running them from the WIFI dongle, I also have the spectral controller X.

I have the Apex controller and the PAR monitoring kit. At 60%, my PAR reads above 800. I currently have all lights set to 15% intensity, which at the sand bed reads 150 PAR.

I attached a few pictures, the wiring is in a work of progress :cool:

Attachments

• 20230826_062926.jpg
    20230826_062926.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230826_062947.jpg
    20230826_062947.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 33

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning! I hate to tell you but that's gonna be waaaaay too much lighting and flow for that tank. I've got a 60 with 2 360s and 2 nero 3s. All of which never run about 40%. Granted I do run a t5 hybrid but I feel certain those 500s will be overkill as will those mp40s along with a reefwave.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goid info here. I find it interesting that so many are running T5 lights as well. I havent tried them with my 360x. I was running 5 of the 360we over my 120 and when I added just 2 T5 bulbs it completely wiped out the shimmer.

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goid info here. I find it interesting that so many are running T5 lights as well. I havent tried them with my 360x. I was running 5 of the 360we over my 120 and when I added just 2 T5 bulbs it completely wiped out the shimmer.
Yeah I'm only running the t5s for 4 hours during the day when I'm not home. Definitely decreases shimmer though.

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to Kessil. Can someone tell me why the violet, red, green is in “addition” to the built in Kessil logic? I am reading conflicting information about violet in particular. Is this more of a pick it until it is visually appealing to you or is there information out there where these additional colors help promote better coral growth?

I’m trying to figure out what these 3 colors are not built into the Kessil logic and if/how it affects anything if I decide to run those colors other than picking one that looks good to me visually. (Btw, right now I’m not running any of those colors because I dont know enough about them!).

jent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to Kessil. Can someone tell me why the violet, red, green is in “addition” to the built in Kessil logic? I am reading conflicting information about violet in particular. Is this more of a pick it until it is visually appealing to you or is there information out there where these additional colors help promote better coral growth?

I’m trying to figure out what these 3 colors are not built into the Kessil logic and if/how it affects anything if I decide to run those colors other than picking one that looks good to me visually. (Btw, right now I’m not running any of those colors because I dont know enough about them!).
Just pick what looks good, and then measure the PAR. As long as you're in a good PAR range Kessil will give your corals what they need.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

The red and green channels are purely for aesthetics, but I use them in small percentages. The violet channel will definitely add to the spectrum, so use it to match your intensity. I use it during peak hours only. For my clams, I use about 15% red and green and I use violet a little more than peak intensity. Currently for my 10g clam lagoon, I’m running 10% higher than the overall intensity.

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , I'm using 2 units of kessil 360x Tuna blue for my Reef.
it's SPS reef tank that powerd by ATI power module 10×54w + 2 kessils.
What is the best schedule for this tank ?

Also , how much % should I tune the Violet channel ? I will say that Violet channel gives amazing color and beautiful contrast to T5 !

here is my current schedule , What do you think about it ?
20240424_174032.jpg

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hybrid setup as well. I think the violet spectrum is key. I keep my violet at 100% and color at 20%. I like to keep it simple. 3 hr ramp up, 4 hr peak, 3 hr ramp down.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello , I'm using 2 units of kessil 360x Tuna blue for my Reef.
it's SPS reef tank that powerd by ATI power module 10×54w + 2 kessils.
What is the best schedule for this tank ?

Also , how much % should I tune the Violet channel ? I will say that Violet channel gives amazing color and beautiful contrast to T5 !

here is my current schedule , What do you think about it ?
20240424_174032.jpg
I usually match violet to the overall intensity to begin with, but you can slowly increase it over time if you’re running a lower intensity?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back