Kessil a360x on nano reef question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sexytang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2019
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
194
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting back into the hobby and had a kessil a360x with controller laying around I have a sm 10g half moon in wanting to just put a few bubble tips and maybe few sm corals
How high above the tank would u put it and what setting would u adjust to
 
The recommended mounting height is 8" above water line. How deep is the tank?
 
It’s about 16” deep
What should I set the settings to on the controller
 
Just use the default settings and let Kessil blend it for you. You can adjust the intensity as you don't need that much over that size of a display. So with the intensity/power I would start at like 20% or so and see how it looks. Adjust from there.

Remember, that is a 90 Watt light so you won't need much.
 
I have 2 - A160’s over my 25 gallon and I run them
Around 6” off the surface at 40-45% max.

20% would be a good starting point for intensity.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new