Kessil A80 Light Settings for a 5 Gallon Fluval Spec V?

BradleysNanoReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I am new to the hobby and currently have a nano tank that's thriving. Recently I upgraded the light to a Kessil A80 with the intention of growing the coral faster and enhancing the color when viewing. I was curious as to how I should keep my settings (Color / Intensity) throughout the day being that it is a relatively small tank to help my coral grow faster. I have attached a photo so you can get an idea of my tanks setup.

unnamed (2).jpg
 
Hello, Bradley

You can set the color to what you like, the Kessil Logic will keep the color spectrum correct.


An A80 is more powerful than one make think, and I used to run 4 of those with two t5 bulbs over my 110 gallon.

If your not willing to rent a par meter from Bulk Reef Supply:
https://aquarium.bulkreefsupply.com/reefing/Par-Meter-Rental
Then start off at about 25% intensity, and if your corals are happy then slowly tune them up higher, over weeks.

If your corals close up, then tune the intensity back.

If you don't have the Kessil Spectral Controller, it's real nice.
https://www.kessil.com/products/accessories_A-SeriesController.php

Thanks for the post and Welcome to Reef 2 Reef.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new