Kessil A80 Tuna Sun

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kenmx10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kenmx10

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2015
Messages
156
Reaction score
52
Location
Charleston SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using the Kessil A80 Tuna Sun as a refugium light? If so, how has it worked for you? Thx
 
The A80 is for freshwater, for saltwater you would want the H80. I have been running the H80 on my refugium for the past 2.5 years. It grows cheato very well. I did splurge and get the spectral controller so I could fine tune the exact spectrum for growing macro algae.
 
I used a tuna sun 160 as a refugium/chaeto light for a while (my H360 had crapped out). It worked OK.
 
BRS did a test and found the tuna sun was better for refugiums
I need more info on this

What did they test it against and which tuna sun? Is there only one?
 
For a refugium? The A360X is what I run for my display tank and seems overkill for a refugium.

Yep for a refugium

I assume you can tone down the intensity
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new