Kessil AP700 color settings?

Cully

Big Daddy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on order. I’ve seen multiple YouTube videos on setting them up and using their “color wheel”.

Is there a reference to what the whites and blues represent from a Kelvin rating? 10K, 14K, 20K? Or do you just set it to what you find visually appealing?

Thanks!

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on order. I’ve seen multiple YouTube videos on setting them up and using their “color wheel”.

Is there a reference to what the whites and blues represent from a Kelvin rating? 10K, 14K, 20K? Or do you just set it to what you find visually appealing?

Thanks!

Just pick the color you like and then do your best to match the intensity of the lights you used before so you don’t bleach the corals. With Kessil Logic it’s really that easy and that the whole point. It’s best to just choose the color looks best and stick with it. Stability is best, there is no best color. It’s hard to grasp at first but the spectrum of the light really doesn’t change with the color. It just adds more or less white for your liking so it looks good. That’s all.

Don’t be changing it all around because corals will adjust. If you keep changing things, not just light, they have to keep adjusting and it puts them further behind from growing. Just leave it. Kessil Logic is why this works and the least known yet most important feature. No other LED lighting system manages the spectrum like Kessil. It’s why they have success. That and the light is awesome.

OP
OP
Cully

Cully

Big Daddy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I’m switching to Kessil. Plan is to set and forget. I’m a 20K guy. That’s why I asked. But I’ll figure it out if there’s no specific setting.

Thank you!

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I’m switching to Kessil. Plan is to set and forget. I’m a 20K guy. That’s why I asked. But I’ll figure it out if there’s no specific setting.

Thank you!

You will find that 20K MH look no problem. You might even find a different look you like better.

You made an incredibly wise decision.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the earlier statements, just pic a color you like and adjust intensity as necessary :)

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if Kessil allowed us to adjust spectrum, the favorable success we have with them wouldn't be so rosy.

Back