• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Kessil ap700 for trade

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a kessil ap700 that's only about 4 months old and really want to try a couple of radion pros out....I have a 75 gallon tank, so if anyone would like to trade that would be superb! Nothing's wrong with this light, it's actually a beast! But every time I see the radions I'm just in awe!
IMG_20180701_212710.jpg
IMG_20180701_212725.jpg

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Not to sound I guess negative, but I would never trade a kessil for a radion. I think the kessil light you have is far superior to any of the radions out there. IF your looking for next greatest light I would look into the new mitras ghl 7200.

Of course it’s your choice and option what you do, but I have seen people with way more problems and issues with radions than I have seen with the kessill. In addition I’d do what makes you happy, but remeber the radions lights you see in action may not look the same in your tank as you see in others. Also of all the reasons this is the most important, swapping and led light for another is not a good idea. It’s a good way to really upset your corals and possibly make them die.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Not to sound I guess negative, but I would never trade a kessil for a radion. I think the kessil light you have is far superior to any of the radions out there. IF your looking for next greatest light I would look into the new mitras ghl 7200.

Of course it’s your choice and option what you do, but I have seen people with way more problems and issues with radions than I have seen with the kessill. In addition I’d do what makes you happy, but remeber the radions lights you see in action may not look the same in your tank as you see in others. Also of all the reasons this is the most important, swapping and led light for another is not a good idea. It’s a good way to really upset your corals and possibly make them die.

Like your point of view there!! Thanks for your suggestion! I just am overall dissapointed in some of the features in this kessil! Dont get me wrong it looks great and the corals love it alot, but for $800 i just would of thought it wouldnt have so many negatives and more positives with this light!

Deiblerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Located in NH...your last post has me a little concern now though. What don’t you like about the lights? I was going back and forth on the AP700 or 2 360s

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is a great light!!!!! Theres nothing wrong with it at all, but just thoughy iy would dim down all the way at night and when it gets to 0 it just turns off....maybe its just me not doing something right, but i thought it wou ld dim off and not just get to 0 and click off abrubtly. But im sure its just me not programing it the right way....still fairly new to me

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

From the numerous led fixtures I have studied, they all kinda get down there to the low end and well click off they go lol. Just remeber with radions, you need Ecotech live and the app and all that stuff to make them work. That’s the main reason I didn’t go for either. On my current tank I don’t have to be linked to anything. On my 425 build I’m doing I went with the mitras 7200 ghl. They can all be linked together by a cable, and one can run them all. I don’t need any internet or service etc.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

From the numerous led fixtures I have studied, they all kinda get down there to the low end and well click off they go lol. Just remeber with radions, you need Ecotech live and the app and all that stuff to make them work. That’s the main reason I didn’t go for either. On my current tank I don’t have to be linked to anything. On my 425 build I’m doing I went with the mitras 7200 ghl. They can all be linked together by a cable, and one can run them all. I don’t need any internet or service etc.

Hi there, used to had Three mitras 7200 ghl in my 180. Great lights, excellent coverage and awesome PAR readings. but when support needed was not as good as expected. End up trading them for Radions G4-Pros XR-30’s and with the reeflink now i can manage my lights, my MP-60QD’s and my two Return Vectras M1, but if u don’t like the “app’s or Ecotech live and all that stuff” just simply get them connected to your APEX with the wxm module and through Fusion manages everything, even if u don’t have APEX, like the Mitras, just plugged one with the cable and they all link together, then in 35 years of reefing never had a better customer service than Ecotech Marine, last time being out of my warranty they replaced my MP40-QD for $1 buck. What else you can ask for!!! WWC and their outstanding non questionable quality now they run ALL of their systems using Radions G4-Pros, that’s simply enough proof of performance and quality, after being the radion on a test that lasted almost 6 months, the lights passsed perfectly with even better results than MH and T5’s then in combination with Ecotech they created the profiles Ecotech SPS AB+, SPS XPH14 and Soft LPS, making the Radion G4-PRO the most trustable light fixture for high end growers, wholesalers and home reefers.
Not saying and clarifying than the other brands are not good, they’re excellent too, I personally owned Orpheks Atlantics (my second personal option) AI’s Hd’s, Kessil 350.360,H380, A80,AP700, Mitras Lx, Radions, ATI led Powermodule and reefbrites that I remember but in my experience and reading, assisting to Macna’s lights conferences with Mr. Dana Riddle, a truly lights expertise, i reaffirm my preference for Radion’s.
At the end its all about personal preference, my .02!!! [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

Last edited:

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is a great light!!!!! Theres nothing wrong with it at all, but just thoughy iy would dim down all the way at night and when it gets to 0 it just turns off....maybe its just me not doing something right, but i thought it wou ld dim off and not just get to 0 and click off abrubtly. But im sure its just me not programing it the right way....still fairly new to me

Odd...my ap700s dim down. Do you have the lunar cycle on? It changes brightness based on a lunar cycle.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back