Kessil AP9X Issue

ricksmithsdca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Kessil AP9X and setup a program in the app. Everything seemed fine, light turned off at 18:30 but then my partner yells to me the light is ON again. I open the app and it shows it's OFF but sure enough, the living room is lit up. I ended up turning off WiFi and turning the light off at the unit. Anyone know what's going on?

OP
OP
ricksmithsdca

ricksmithsdca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Kessil AP9X and setup a program in the app. Everything seemed fine, light turned off at 18:30 but then my partner yells to me the light is ON again. I open the app and it shows it's OFF but sure enough, the living room is lit up. I ended up turning off WiFi and turning the light off at the unit. Anyone know what's going on?
Should have tagged @Kessil in this in case they know what's up.

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one for a few weeks now and the connection is spotty, at best.
When I first programmed it I had a situation similar to what you're describing. Everything was running as it was programmed to, until it didn't turn off at midnight. I manually shut it off for the night, then the next day ran the demo to see if I was missing something
That seemed to do the trick and I haven't had any problems since, other than the aforementioned connection. It runs on 2.4ghz, so the connection gets lost often.

OP
OP
ricksmithsdca

ricksmithsdca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, it sounds like this issue is resolved, but if you still have any questions about programming please send us an email to [email protected] and our team can assist you!
Reached out via email. It keeps reverting back to "Manual Tuna Blue" after I created a custom program.

OP
OP
ricksmithsdca

ricksmithsdca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the issue was the interface between the chair and they keyboard (phone)... Aka me. Under settings, I must have accidentally enabled "Demo Mode" which clears the settings and puts it back to Manual Blue Tuna.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the issue was the interface between the chair and they keyboard (phone)... Aka me. Under settings, I must have accidentally enabled "Demo Mode" which clears the settings and puts it back to Manual Blue Tuna.
Don't worry, it happens to all of us! We bleached one of our SPS tanks at the office pretty badly a few months ago by leaving the lights on manual over the weekend... we turned them from the program to manual mode to take a few photos, and forgot to switch it back. Fortunately everything has recovered, but it's taken a few months for some of the color to come back!

OP
OP
ricksmithsdca

ricksmithsdca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry, it happens to all of us! We bleached one of our SPS tanks at the office pretty badly a few months ago by leaving the lights on manual over the weekend... we turned them from the program to manual mode to take a few photos, and forgot to switch it back. Fortunately everything has recovered, but it's taken a few months for some of the color to come back!
Glad they recovered!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back