Kessil AP9X Mounting with External Overflow

  • Thread starter Thread starter izzyishh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

izzyishh

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
542
Reaction score
385
Location
Dallas TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with the AP9X and have a center external overflow how did you mount it? I don't want to use the cable kit. Thanks in advance pictures are appreciated!
 
I am not an AP 9x user yet but I did get one I am hoping on using for a new build soon. How wide is your external overflow? In addition to the single AP9x arm you can also use 2 A series arms. If the box is narrow enough the arms may be able to rest on either side of the box. I would also not rule out mounting off the wall.
 
I am not an AP 9x user yet but I did get one I am hoping on using for a new build soon. How wide is your external overflow? In addition to the single AP9x arm you can also use 2 A series arms. If the box is narrow enough the arms may be able to rest on either side of the box. I would also not rule out mounting off the wall.

Thanks for the reply the external box is 16" and cant mount on the wall because its wood panel and would have to have to drill on the wall. I may have to find a more "creative" way to set it up
 
If you are not concerned with the distance from the wall you could always just attach to the back of the overflow.

As I think of this I imagine Kessil support saying that some people would do 2 360Xs pver the AP9x.

Is there a reason you are against suspending the light? I have suspended lights and really like it.
 
If you are not concerned with the distance from the wall you could always just attach to the back of the overflow.

As I think of this I imagine Kessil support saying that some people would do 2 360Xs pver the AP9x.

Is there a reason you are against suspending the light? I have suspended lights and really like it.
i have 10 ft ceilings where i want to put the tank and like to hide the cable that supplys power I may have to do some welding to the steal stand
 
My kessils are in a floating canopy and I have 9 foot ceilings. I think it may work better than you think. The cables can look very minimal.
20201114_143917.jpg
 
My kessils are in a floating canopy and I have 9 foot ceilings. I think it may work better than you think. The cables can look very minimal.
20201114_143917.jpg
Did u run cable behind the wall? Or install an outlet up high?
 
Did u run cable behind the wall? Or install an outlet up high?
I ran cables through the wall. For a single AP9X it would only be 1 cable but I had 7 cables so I went through the wall.
 
Any other thoughts? I am running into the same issue with mounting an AP9X on a lowboy with an eshopps eclipse s overflow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new