Kessil AP9X Mounting with External Overflow

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with the AP9X and have a center external overflow how did you mount it? I don't want to use the cable kit. Thanks in advance pictures are appreciated!

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not an AP 9x user yet but I did get one I am hoping on using for a new build soon. How wide is your external overflow? In addition to the single AP9x arm you can also use 2 A series arms. If the box is narrow enough the arms may be able to rest on either side of the box. I would also not rule out mounting off the wall.

OP
OP
izzyishh

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not an AP 9x user yet but I did get one I am hoping on using for a new build soon. How wide is your external overflow? In addition to the single AP9x arm you can also use 2 A series arms. If the box is narrow enough the arms may be able to rest on either side of the box. I would also not rule out mounting off the wall.

Thanks for the reply the external box is 16" and cant mount on the wall because its wood panel and would have to have to drill on the wall. I may have to find a more "creative" way to set it up

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are not concerned with the distance from the wall you could always just attach to the back of the overflow.

As I think of this I imagine Kessil support saying that some people would do 2 360Xs pver the AP9x.

Is there a reason you are against suspending the light? I have suspended lights and really like it.

OP
OP
izzyishh

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are not concerned with the distance from the wall you could always just attach to the back of the overflow.

As I think of this I imagine Kessil support saying that some people would do 2 360Xs pver the AP9x.

Is there a reason you are against suspending the light? I have suspended lights and really like it.
i have 10 ft ceilings where i want to put the tank and like to hide the cable that supplys power I may have to do some welding to the steal stand

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kessils are in a floating canopy and I have 9 foot ceilings. I think it may work better than you think. The cables can look very minimal.
20201114_143917.jpg

OP
OP
izzyishh

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kessils are in a floating canopy and I have 9 foot ceilings. I think it may work better than you think. The cables can look very minimal.
20201114_143917.jpg
Did u run cable behind the wall? Or install an outlet up high?

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other thoughts? I am running into the same issue with mounting an AP9X on a lowboy with an eshopps eclipse s overflow.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back