Kessil AP9X or 2 A360X?

mcqueenokc1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
73112
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at either one Kessil AP9X or two A360X for a waterbox AIO 50.3? Any thoughts?
 
I'm not a kessil guy but typically 2 smaller fixtures will give better light coverage/angles than one bigger fixture
 
A360. It’s better for now and it’ll be useful if you upgrade later to a bigger tank
 
I am running the AP9x over a 36" tank. I came from 3x AI Prime 16HDs (100% BRS setting Primes = 55% Intensity AP9x). 100% satisfied.

AP9x does not require the dongles and extra stuff to connect. Also has the added benefit of being able to connect most of their other lights through K Link and/or 0-10v and control through the AP9x. Saving money if you ever add more lights (including a Refugium light).

I get an easy 350 par on my rocks at 60% intensity. My rocks are somewhat low in tank, close to halfway point.
 
I am running the AP9x over a 36" tank. I came from 3x AI Prime 16HDs (100% BRS setting Primes = 55% Intensity AP9x). 100% satisfied.

AP9x does not require the dongles and extra stuff to connect. Also has the added benefit of being able to connect most of their other lights through K Link and/or 0-10v and control through the AP9x. Saving money if you ever add more lights (including a Refugium light).

I get an easy 350 par on my rocks at 60% intensity. My rocks are somewhat low in tank, close to halfway point.
Thinking of getting one as well for my 75 gallon reef only tank that I’m about to build.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new