Kessil ap9x settings for WB 50.3

poproxmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some settings/intensity/mounting height advice. Switching from 3 ai prime 16hd to 1 kessil ap9x.
I don't have access to a PAR meter so hoping to get an input from someone who is already using the light on a similar tank.
I have a waterbox 50.3 tank - display dimensions are 36" × 15" × 18".
Mixed reef - some SPS in top of the tank.
Thank you!

Jonas Bergkvist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some settings/intensity/mounting height advice. Switching from 3 ai prime 16hd to 1 kessil ap9x.
I don't have access to a PAR meter so hoping to get an input from someone who is already using the light on a similar tank.
I have a waterbox 50.3 tank - display dimensions are 36" × 15" × 18".
Mixed reef - some SPS in top of the tank.
Thank you!

i got my AP9X three weeks ago, i installed 7” above water level. At the time i was really stressed so i had no time to check for PAR. I hit the ON button and hoped the acclimation program would be nice to my corals.

Well, i fried my Duncan. One Acro lost it flesh and died. Three other smaller frags have a few brown tips. I don’t blame the light for this. Like Blaxsun suggests i would measure with a PAR meter.

i’m a noob at this so you might do better than me. This light is an absolute ”frier” if you ask me. When acclimation was completed I measured 600 PAR on the bottom on some places. In one spot near the top i had 800 PAR.

I’m still not sure why i got the brown tips, i thought that had todo with to little light. On the other hand i did not max Violet if that has to with it? Well, i’m still trying to figure this out. Good luck mate!

ps. I have about 65-70 cm from bottom to light. Also i turned down intensity from 60 to 35-40 ish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back