Kessil ap9x

  • Thread starter Thread starter mattcfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mattcfc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2022
Messages
23
Reaction score
8
Location
uk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately I bought a kessil ap9x which is running at 20% intensity on an aqua one 326 which is 120/55/53 I think something like that, atm I only have lps coral and they seem to love it, I love the light as well. I’m planning on starting buying sps coral and I was just wondering is 1 kessil ap9x good enough for a mix reef? I don’t have a par meter atm and I’m not too sure if 1 be enough to keep some sps and lps coral that I already own which I’m planning on putting on sand bed closer to the sides of my dt. Is it possible? Has anybody tried it would really appreciate some help.
 
Yes, that light will grow coral. My lfs has these and I have a few and sps, lps, bubble nem enjoy this sunshine replacement.
C9763A4E-E299-499E-BAC9-6287ED2CA9B5.jpeg
 
happy days that’s good to know! I’m gonna rent a par meter this weekend and try set my light where some spots have enough par where I can keep sps and have spots with 75/150 par for my lps. Thanks for your reply appreciate it
 
My Xenia and Mushroom doubled in size since I got the AP9X, may not be saying much since they're quick growers but made a difference compared to my Vipars.
 
happy days that’s good to know! I’m gonna rent a par meter this weekend and try set my light where some spots have enough par where I can keep sps and have spots with 75/150 par for my lps. Thanks for your reply appreciate it
Hang it high if you want par that low. 24” from light to coral is a good starting point. Gl
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new