Kessil for nano recommendation (shallow)

carnthetiges

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2021
Messages
40
Reaction score
6
Location
Sydney
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up a 70l nano.
60cm wide, 39cm deep and 32cm high.

Looking at lighting options and i like the simplicity of kessils, though have not used them before.
I'm planning to stock majority soft coral and maybe one of two LPS.
I'm on a budget so i'd be looking at used.

For around the same price i can get two A80s or a single A160.
Any thoughts as to what's going to be a better fit given what i want to stock? I've a bit clueless when it comes to par etc.
Finally there's also a few A360x's available should i be springing for one of them or is that going to be overkill?

Thx!
 
Two A80s would work for the corals you have in mind and help with shadowing over a single A160.

A360Xs would be overkill for a tank that size.
 
The a80 is capable of growing LPS and SPS just fine, especially the easier SPS. I have a single one on a Deskmate that’s about half as wide but roughly the same height as your tank.
P7231152.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new