Kessil H380 problem

volcano1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having an issue with a Kessil H 380 light. When it turns on it flashes. If you unplug it and plug back in , it seems to work ok. It’s on a reverse daylight schedule, so I’m not awake to see if it does it through out the cycle. I did clean fan and heat ink, housing etc and didn’t seem to change anything.
Any suggestions?
The light is about 3 years old. I can’t find the original receipt, but fan is stamped , June 2016 .

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you controlling it via the 0-10v? When i first hooked up my a360s to the 0-10 port they flashed until i set the variable speeds on apex.

OP
OP
V

volcano1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s not running on apex .
A different controller. Only on power bar , same plug for 3,years.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this light hooked up to a timer or a controller? Have you tried using another power supply?

OP
OP
V

volcano1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked up to controller, no on power supply. Once the controller turns it on, if I unplugged from power supply, and plug in again usually it works again.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried taking it off the controller and seeing if the problem still occurs when the controller is not connected? Sometimes its associated cables, power sources, or controllers causing the issue.

OP
OP
V

volcano1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it without the controller, same issue. Switched out the power supply from my tuna blue we, seems to have fixed it. Can the power supplies be purchased separately?

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it without the controller, same issue. Switched out the power supply from my tuna blue we, seems to have fixed it. Can the power supplies be purchased separately?
Yes! Please contact [email protected] to purchase a new power supply. Glad it was an easy fix

Back