Kessil H80 Tuna Flora

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I purchased a Kessil H80 Tuna Flora from BRS which arrived a few days ago. I have a question for those of us that use this light...

There are two dials on the light; one for intensity and the other to select color.

Where intensity is concerned, I intend to start at 50% and increase over time.

But where color is concerned, I don't know which setting to choose.

I am guessing that the color I choose is going to be based on what I am trying to grow. And in this case, it is Chaetomorpha.

Suggestions on a color setting?

Thank you,
Dom

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I purchased a Kessil H80 Tuna Flora from BRS which arrived a few days ago. I have a question for those of us that use this light...

There are two dials on the light; one for intensity and the other to select color.

Where intensity is concerned, I intend to start at 50% and increase over time.

But where color is concerned, I don't know which setting to choose.

I am guessing that the color I choose is going to be based on what I am trying to grow. And in this case, it is Chaetomorpha.

Suggestions on a color setting?

Thank you,
Dom
Set the light to grow, and start off at 50% intensity and slowly ramp it up a little each week until you hit 100%

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was shocked at the low PAR from my H80 and started at 100% my macro algae was doing OK but not growing as fast as I know it can. So I got a small, cheap, blue and white led fixture (an off brand) and use it (set all white and no blue) along with the H80 to get more PAR. Now my algae is starting to grow better.

Literallyhydro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was shocked at the low PAR from my H80 and started at 100% my macro algae was doing OK but not growing as fast as I know it can. So I got a small, cheap, blue and white led fixture (an off brand) and use it (set all white and no blue) along with the H80 to get more PAR. Now my algae is starting to grow better.
Have you measured the PAR? I'm curious to know your findings, I have an H80 over my refugium, and while the chaeto is growing steadily, I agree it could certainly be growing faster.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did when I got it and I don't remember the PAR level. I'll do it again and give you some numbers. I'll PM them to you unless others here would like them as well?

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5AE8BB8F-181C-4F09-AAE7-7C1154072D60.jpeg
My H80 is set at 100% on grow spectrum and mounted 10” above the water. PAR at the water line is 95-100 measured with APEX PMK. It grows cheato in an area 10x14” and 7” deep no problem.
Pic with H80 off and cabinet leds so you see the cheato color
419FAA5F-650E-4714-A34A-15179A3B40C1.jpeg

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set the light to grow, and start off at 50% intensity and slowly ramp it up a little each week until you hit 100%

This light is AMAZING!

In 3 days, Chaeto growth has taken off. Also, lots of hair algae growth on the glass of the fuge.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back